RE: General Question about RMAN verification procedures...

From: M.Godlewski <mcgodlewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:47:53 -0800 (PST)

I agree, and would add the init.ora, tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora and listener.ora files to backups as well.  These don't take much backup space, but can save time in a recovery.

Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens@affina.com> wrote:
I agree. I'll definitely be changing that.

The archive destination is backed up on a nightly basis as well via straight
omniback. I guess that the thought was in the event of a restore, we would
place the last several days worth of archive logs in the location. We also
have a process that picks up new archive logs every hour and places them on
a remote server.

Thanks you VERY much for the suggestions though.

chris