RE: sp2-0110 Cannot create save file "afiedt.buf" - help please

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:37:49 -0500

In that case, is there already an 'afiedt.buf' file in your $HOME, owned by someone else?

-Mark

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
ProQuest Company
Ann Arbor, MI
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." --Horace Walpole

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Thomas Day Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 11:11 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Does the DBA group have write access to your home dictionary?

                      <maheswara.rao

                      @brass.com>              To:
<oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      oracle-l-bounce          Subject: sp2-0110 Cannot
create save file "afiedt.buf" - help please

                      02/25/2004 10:42

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to oracle-l

OS : Solaris 8

Database : 817

Recently our root disk crashed and the sysadmin changed my home directory.

Now, in SQLPLUS when I try to edit I get this error.

sp2-0110 Cannot create save file "afiedt.buf"

I checked the permissions. At unix level, I could create a file through vi
in my home directory.

In my .profile, I have EDITOR=vi.

Please help in resolving this.