Re: Issue involving Trigger , PL/SQL Procedure & a Java stored procedure

From: <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 9:22:42 -0500

Hi all,
Scenario:
We have an issue with PL/SQL Trigger involving another PL/SQL Procedure & a Java stored procedure.
The trigger will be invoked when ever there is any transaction occurs on a particular table. This calls a PL/SQL Procedure that inturn invokes a Java stored procedure.
The Java stored procedure will reads the data from the table and write it to a text file.
Issue:
The issue we are facing is that the Java stored procedure is unable to get the latest changes made to the table, which invoked the trigger.
Example:
We have 4 records in the table. If we insert another record, then it inturns fires the trigger and that calls the procedure and Java stored procedure.
The Java stored procedure was able to select only the 4 records but not the 5 record which has fired the trigger.

The event of the trigger is mentioned as "after insert/delete/update for each row".
Attached the code for your reference.

Please let me know if anybody has a solution for this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
R. Rangadoure