RE: RE: Frustration with Toad Debugger

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:18:14 -0800 (PST)

the problem with "it's just development" and allowing developers to do anything in that environment is that they can and will and DO start coding based on objects they have created -- and those objects may or may not conform to good practices within a production environment. Once the code is written and tested against garbage, it's almost impossible to get them to change it to the way it should be done.

And, I have NEVER, in 12+ years as a DBA, found that a corrupted database, even if caused by a developer, is not my responsibility to fix, and fix fast and "how could you let this happen"

I am more than willing to allow my developers restricted access to the database. I even let them create objects, within their own schemas. But NOT within the copy of the production schema.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want. http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools