RE: Re: Frustration with Toad Debugger

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:52:05 -0500

Kirti,

Hung sessions ... sounds familiar especially in RAC environment ... if so, read on.

If you connect to db.world, usually you get connected to db1.world and debug session gets created on db2.world and since they can't communicate, it appears to be hung. Workaround is to have developers connect to either db1.world or db2.world instead of service name.

Also in 9202, if your debug session was created using a shared server, killing the server process brought down the instance _nicely_. No problems with dedicated though ...

Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements; QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !