Re: Re: estimating overall CPU usage

From: Andy Rivenes <arivenes_at_llnl.gov>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:19:42 -0800

A close approximation of actual database CPU usage can be obtained using the statistic 'CPU used by this session' when sampled from v$sysstat on an interval basis over time. It's not perfect, and certainly not precise enough for response time optimization, but in general I have found that it gives a pretty good correlation to OS CPU time. I characterize this as workload utilization.

Andy Rivenes
arivenes_at_llnl.gov