RE: DB Sizing

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:39:35 -0500

The short answer is you have to make an estimate for the initial load and growth for every table in your application. One you have the table row counts you can estimate the table and index sizes. You will need to allow overhead for growth of each tablespace, for sort (temp tablespace), and for transaction support (rollback tablespace).

The overhead also needs to consider any planned application additions.

Besides space for the database itself you need space for at least one set of OS level full file backups and space to hold export files.