RE: anyone using jdeveloper or PSPs?

From: John Flack <JohnF_at_smdi.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:28:53 -0500

We are about to start using JDeveloper to write applications with JSP and Struts. We know people who have been quite successful in this environment, and would not have gone this direction if we weren't sure it was viable.

A good bit of our prior development for the web has been in Web PL/SQL and PSPs, and it has been an excellent toolset for us. The only reason that we are switching is to get a bit less dependant on Oracle's languages and technology. PSPs actually get translated into PL/SQL procedures that call the Web Toolkit, so they are a simpler way to develop the same sort of applications. Another excellent way to develop Web PL/SQL applications is with Oracle Designer which has a generator for this.