Re: EXP-00091 when full database export (9.2.0.4) ???

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:11:09 +0200

Hi!

> Not just for transport between OS'es, the "dp" utilities are
> exp/imp on steroids and are supposed to be much faster then the
> "classics". I did expdp/impdp but I was unable to notice any drastic

Note that data pump utilities do have bigger overhead on startup, so they're supposed to be faster only with medium to large datasets (never measured it myself though, just parroting what I remember from OracleWorld sessions).

One my favourite features of data pump is that you actually can do direct path import now, with normal imp it's impossible and you had to stick with array inserts and logging....

Tanel.