Re: ORA-3113 while creating a cluster database 9201 RAC on Linux with OCFS

From: Scott <oraracdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:13:28 -0800 (PST)

Chinedu, Is the cluster manager running? You can get a 3113 error when you are trying to start an instance with the RAC option and the cluster manager is not running.

You are using a version that where the cluster manager uses watchdog and has a lot of problems. If you have not configured the watchdog device and set the softdog parameters correctly in the modules.conf file then the cluster manager could be crashing.

I would suggest installing the 9204 cluster manager patch and then you won't have to worry about watchdog anymore. Then upgrade the binaries to 9204.

Scott

  Hello List,

  I'm testing RAC on two nodes, I'm trying to create  a
  9201 RAC cluster =
  database (cluster manager 9201) using DBCA.

  Please, What causes the ORA-3113 error and how do  I
  fix it? Are there =
  any specific init parameters that have to be set.

  Thanks in advance.

  Regards
  Chinedu

Do you Yahoo!?