RE: Slightly OT: Java in the DB

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:03:19 -0800

More cogitating now prompts me to ask this question. Jared (et al), could this be done in Perl?

I'd really like this utility to not have to plant a client procedure or something at the remote DB. That's why I was trying to use Java from inside a central admin DB. However, since that central admin DB runs on a central server, is=20 there a Perl ... um ... object that will connect and reset a password even if the user account has expired?

If so, I'll dig into the Perl docs. This is an unexplored country to me. I can barely spell Perl!

Cheers,
Mike