Re: Column Width Increase for Replication Object

From: <alan.aschenbrenner_at_ihs.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:35:37 -0700

Paul,

    Thanks for the clarification on my "second" method not being supported. I guess we should just scratch that one off the list of methods, especially since there have been problems reported about it...

Alan

Alan Aschenbrenner
Oracle DBA
IHS Group
alan.aschenbrenner_at_ihs.com

                      Paul Baumgartel
                      <treegarden_at_yahoo.        To:       oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                      com>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: Column Width Increase for Replication Object
                      oracle-l-bounce_at_fr
                      eelists.org

                      02/22/2004 06:34
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      oracle-l

There's a third way to do this, and AFAIK, it's the _supported_ way to do it: quiesce the group, run dbms_repcat.alter_master_repobject, followed by dbms_repcat.generate_replication_support. The first option mentioned below should be OK as well, but the second is not going to be supported--query MetaLink to find some forum posts in which Oracle Support says so explicitly. An advantage of using alter_master_repobject is that you only have to run it on the Master Definition site and changes are propagated to the other masters.

Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want. http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools