RE: Nullis in verba

From: Feighery Raymond <Raymond.Feighery_at_churchill.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:28:45 -0000

Centurion: But "Don't let the b*****ds grind you down" is an order, so you must use the...?
Brian: The... imperative!
Centurion: Which is...?
Brian: "illegitimati non carborundum"
Centurion: Now, write it out 100 times... Brian: Yes, sir, thank you, sir! Hail Caesar! Centurion: Hail Caesar. If it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off!
Brian: Oh, thank you, sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar and everything, sir!

Von: Niall Litchfield [mailto:n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk] Gesendet: Monday, February 23, 2004 10:08 AM An: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Betreff: RE: Nullis in verba

I'm pretty sure that Cary is referring to The Royal Society = http://www.roya=3D
lsoc.ac.uk/ which was formed in 1660 as The Royal Society of London for = Imp=3D
roving Natural Knowledge, which is the sort of title you get if you put = a b=3D
unch of seventeenth century academics into a room together, if you put = a bu=3D
nch of 21st century computer scientists in a room together you get The = OakT=3D
able, it is unclear whether 4 centuries have actually brought that much = pro=3D
gress. It is now just the Royal Society (no mathematics or England or = anyth=3D
ing else in its name) and is the pre-eminent scientifc community in the = UK.=3D
=3D20
Prince Charles almost certainly is well aware of latin given his age = and ed=3D
ucational background, not to mention his possession of a Latin motto = all of=3D
 his own. The DBA's latin motto is of course 'nil illegitimi = carborundum'.=3D
=3D20
Ok enough OT from me.=3D20

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
Audit Commission
+44 117 975 7805=3D20

This email contains information intended for the addressee only. It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or
professional privilege. Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this
communication without prior permission of the sender is strictly prohibited.

This email and any attached to it are confidential and intended only for the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please let us know by telephoning or emailing the sender.  You
should also delete the email and any attachment from your systems and should
not copy the email or any attachment or disclose their content to any other
person or entity.  The views expressed here are not necessarily those of
Churchill Insurance Group plc or its affiliates or subsidiaries. Thank you.

Churchill Insurance Group plc.  Company Registration Number - 2280426.
England.

Registered Office: Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley, Kent BR1
1DP.