RE: Can't get Oracle 8.1.7 Client ot load on MS 2000 Server

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:09:55 -0000

Ron,

If the system is a P4 then you probably have the old symcjit.dll problem. You can download a "fixed" copy of symcjit.dll from our web site here:

http://www.cool-tools.co.uk/products/downloads/symcjit.dll

Copy the entire installation CDs to your hard drive, search and replace every instance of symcjit.dll in the installation folders, and then either burn new CDs, or run the installation from your HD.

I've also found in the past that setup.exe doesn't always run from the root directory. Try running the setup.exe program in /install/win32/

HTH Mark

Mark Leith
Cool-Tools UK Limited

Tel: 01905 330 281