RE: SQLPlus -- replacement tool

From: John Flack <JohnF_at_smdi.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:08:33 -0500

Even though you directed this at Cary, and I'm interested in seeing his = response, here are a few things I'd like to see:

  1. The usual set of control structures, but lets start with an "if = else" so that I can write conditional execution.
  2. A way to set default values for substitution variables.
  3. I know how to get the result of a single row query into variables, = but I'd like an easier more straightforward method, like: SELECT to_char(SYSDATE) INTO today;