RE: RE: does anyone use the OCI?

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:01:21 -0600

One thing I would recommend for ANY developer or performance analyst is to read the OCI documentation. Even if you never use OCI, your applications probably do (sqlplus, for instance, uses it).

Reading the low-level call documentation will remind you that Oracle Corp goes to great pains to provide product features that scale spectacularly well. A lot of apps don't use them. When I learned what OCI features exist, I found my imagination as a performance analyst more nourished than before--I became able to suggest changes that before I never would have even thought of.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:

- Performance Diagnosis 101: 2/24 San Diego, 3/23 Park City, 4/6 Seattle
- SQL Optimization 101: 2/16 Dallas
- Hotsos Symposium 2004: March 7-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...