RE: Oracle Warehouse Builder Install Questions

From: Scott Canaan <srcdco_at_rit.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:20:07 -0500

Chris,

   Yes, we are on 9.0.3. Currently, we can't deploy Oracle 9i on the Sun Cluster, where the data warehouse lives, so we are stuck with 9.0.3. Hopefully, later this year we will be able to upgrade. I haven't looked into the 9.2 installation, so I wasn't aware of the server-side portion of it. I'm sure I have plenty to look forward to. We do want to go with workflow, if it is better than previous versions. Right now, we run everything via cron.

Scott Canaan (srcdco_at_rit.edu)
(585) 475-7886
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it." - Tom Lehrer.

From: Scott Canaan [mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu]=20 Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 11:47 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Tom,

   We use Oracle Warehouse Builder here. The only thing that was "installed" on the database server was the repository. The OWB software is installed on our pc's and that is the only place that we work with it. Once you install the software on your pc, you can create the repository. I pre-created all of the tablespaces (there are 16 of them). You have to be careful with the repository installation, as I had some trouble with it defaulting ownership of some objects to system.

   We don't use Work Flow, as I've heard bad things about it many times, including at last year's IOUG.