Re: help dynamically adding a 'datafile' to a script

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:24:51 -0500

create tablespace &&myTablespace datafile '''&cPath'||'/&&mytablespace.dbf''' size 5m;

With all due respect, automated creation of tablespaces is a very bad idea. Very bad idea indeed. There should be a guy, with a job title like "DBA" who creates tablespaces as they're needed. They usually have targets painted on their backs, so they're easy to recognize. Ask him to create tablespace, and if you need so many tablespaces that it makes sense to automate the creation, then there is something rotten in the state of Denmark and it ain't BARF.