dbms

From: Marcus Gordon <mgordon_at_a-zmaps.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:02:14 -0000

I have a table linked into access from oracle with a trigger on it. the trigger controls a auto number sequence and fills other columns up depending on what was entered. if I recompile the trigger and do not requery the access table I can make changes to the table but if the information entered is the same as information that is already in the table it appears to be deleted until you requery the database. if I edit a record then with out requerying I move off the record then go to edit it again I get a access message saying

another user has edited this record and saved changes before you attempted to save changes re edit the record

I looked on the Microsoft web site and found that if you lower the odbc interval then you can make the changes and no errors appear, but it might cause more network traffic.

dose any one have an ideas of how I would go about solving this

Marcus

  1. This message and any files or other attachments transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only. They are private and confidential and are for the sole use of the intended recipient. Copyright in this message and any accompanying document created by us is owned by us. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail or any part of it please telephone Head Office at the number shown below or notify us by e-mail at: postmaster_at_a-zmaps.co.uk You should not use or disclose to any other person the contents of this message or its attachments or files (if any), nor take copies.
  2. We have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses, but we cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment or file. Please note as well that e-mails can be falsified: in circumstances where the content of this e-mail is important you should not rely on its integrity without checking it by telephone or fax.
  3. This message and any files or attachments have been sent to you with the sender's knowledge that the contents may be intercepted, monitored and regulated by us in the course of transmission and in compliance with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. If you reply to this message and/or send a message to us in any other way you accept that the contents, including attachments or files, of that message may be intercepted, monitored and regulated by us in the course of transmission and in compliance with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. If for any reason you do not wish to consent to the above please contact us on the number below.

GEOGRAPHERS' A-Z MAP COMPANY LIMITED
Fairfield Road
Borough Green
Sevenoaks