Re: suddenly high "physical write" from statspack

From: zhu chao <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:45:56 +0800

Hi, Hemant:

    Thanks very much for your feedback.
    We did not see any performance degration. This is the good thing.You are right, the transaction number does increased some percent, as the business continues to grow. But all other statistics are similar, only the "physical write" statistics seems out of control:)

    The bad thing is that BOSS do not like that picture.

    And being an oracle DBA, I am also curious about it. I would like to do some research and find out the reason. Maybe oracle bug about the statistics, maybe some internal arithmetic about how the dirty buffer is written onto the disk.

Thanks
Zhu Chao.