RE: Shooting yourself in the spfile

From: Brian McGraw <brian.mcgraw_at_ipacc.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:52:44 -0600

I also heard, at a 10g presentation yesterday, that a lot of the new, spiffy, automated tuning features require the exclusive use of the spfile.

Brian

| Brian McGraw -+- Senior DBA |
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Nuno Souto Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 4:40 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Fix the illness, not the symptom:
stop using the spfile. Totally unnecessary feature.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
in sunny Sydney, Australia
dbvision_at_optusnet.com.au