Re: SQLPlus -- replacement tool

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:16:38 -0500

I use "vim". It has "set syntax=oracle" command, or, my favorite, "set syntax=perl", and it isn't as expensive as UltraEdit32. I have yet to find an editor capable of supporting regular expressions as well as "vi". And you know what: it's everywhere where I go. There is a "vi" version for everything, with the possible exception of IBM mainframe. IBM mainframes have been appropriately named: the latest and the greatest is called "T-Rex" (not a joke, it's true). Asteroid is traveling fast and Jurassic is coming to an end.