RE: Ora 9.2/HPUX 11i/Performance

From: <jo_holvoet_at_amis.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:53:15 +0100

Michael,

is this something you can run as a SAP foreground process ? If so, you can lock a specific SAP process for exclusive use by your session; this way you can know beforehand which Oracle session you need to turn 10046 tracing on for without having to guess and without losing time at the beginning of the run.

If it's purely background, you can try to limit the number of possible SAP processes by working with job classes.

mvg/regards

Jo

"Vergara, Michael (TEM)" <mvergara_at_guidant.com> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
02/19/2004 19:31
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l_at_freelists.org
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Ora 9.2/HPUX 11i/Performance

Mike:

Our ABAPers have stared at this until they're blue in the face. The problem is that no matter what tool we've tried so far has not shown us what the problem might be. We have used Quest Spotlight, Statspack, Statspack Viewer, TOAD, Oracle Enterprise Manager...no joy anywhere.

Cheers,
Mike

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) [mailto:mvergara_at_guidant.com] Subject: Ora 9.2/HPUX 11i/Performance

Hi Everyone!

We are having intermittent and irregular performance issues with one of our home-grown reports from our SAP system. I tried running a SQL trace, but it was insufficient to our needs.

--

This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named = herein and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential = and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you = are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use = of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is = STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please = immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, = whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.