I/O Help

From: David Sharples <dsharples_at_cerebrussolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:33:54 -0000

 Hi, a bit OT but kinda relevant.=0A= =0A= We have an app which runs on 9.2.0.4 HP = and SUN and =0A= it is very I/O intensive. What I am looking for is some simple OS = tests to =0A= ensure that the disks have been set up correctly (we don't usually do = the disk =0A= setup)=0A= =0A= For example on SUN we'll typically have = 2 T3's or =0A= 3510 disk arrays set up in a partner pair configuration with hardware = raid 5 and =0A= then raid 0 stripes across the two LUNS, plus having 4 paths from the = disk to =0A= the server with a good cache on it.=0A= =0A= Anyhow, before we install Oracle and = our app we =0A= want to disk the disk IO performance - does anyone knowany good OS = tools that =0A= we can use, or some simple tests?=0A= =0A=Don't really want to buy any tools, = plain good old =0A= OS command and scripts would be nice :-)=0A= =0A= We want to test the I/O out before we = install so we =0A= dont have performance trouble we need to track down and wedon't want to = look =0A= bad either :-)=0A= =0A= Cheers for any help=0A=  =0A= Dave