Re: ftp: Inode is remote "error"

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:53:22 -0500

Lisa, What phase of the moon are you in or have you struck a sinkhole, that you come up with such weird problems?  Are you in the correct directory on the remote site? Write privs? full? I don't remember if there is a max number of inodes you can have but it sounds like something on the remote is the problem. Ron

>>> Lisa.Koivu_at_Cendant-TRG.com 02/19/2004 2:11:04 PM >>> Hi everyone,=20

When I start an ftp session to binary send files off to another server,
I get the following message:

send O1_MF_WHSE_INDX_ZZM66GKK_.DBF
> O1_MF_WHSE_INDX_ZZM66GKK_.DBF:Inode is remote

Here's all I found on the net

        Inode is remote.

	Input for the current operation could not be obtained from a
remote 	source.

	Contact the supplier of the current application to obtain and
report 	the problem.=20

What?? Has anyone seen this before? I am in the correct directory. The file is there. =20

Lisa Koivu
Orlando, FL, USA

"The sender believes that this E-Mail and any attachments were free of
=

any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This = message and its attachments could have been infected during = transmission. By reading the message and opening any attachments, the
=

recipient accepts full responsibility for taking proactive and remedial
=

action about viruses and other defects. The sender's business entity is
=

not liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this message
=

or its attachments."