Re: ftp: Inode is remote "error"

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:25:45 -0500

On 02/19/2004 02:11:04 PM, "Koivu, Lisa" wrote:
> Hi everyone,=20

Hi != 20

> When I start an ftp session to binary send files off to another
> server,
> I get the following message:
>
> send O1_MF_WHSE_INDX_ZZM66GKK_.DBF
> > O1_MF_WHSE_INDX_ZZM66GKK_.DBF:Inode is remote
>
> Here's all I found on the net
>
> Inode is remote.
>
> Input for the current operation could not be obtained from a
> remote source.
>
> Contact the supplier of the current application to obtain and
> report the problem.=20
>
> What?? Has anyone seen this before? I am in the correct directory.
> The file is there. =20

Lisa, your source file is on NFS, samba or sharity mounted filesystem and your ftp utility lacks the power of will and resolve to cope with the situation. I can only strongly advise changing the ftp client. wget is nice for get. Can you get the file from the other side, instead of pushing it over there?