RE: formatting Outlook messages for freelists - was RE: test - read if you want but I promise you'll be bored

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:08:33 -0800

I think that setting your default e-mail format to HTML is not sufficient (which is what you did under Tools->options, Mail Format tab.) When an e-mail comes from the list it's in Plain text format so when you reply to the e-mail, your reply defaults to Plain text format. In the reply window, go to the Format Menu and choose HTML. Then your e-mail to the list will not have the "quoted-printable" characters.

Your message below still had the quoted-printable characters, so I'm guessing that you didn't change the format to HTML in the reply window for this e-mail.