RE: SQLPlus

From: Koivu, Lisa <Lisa.Koivu_at_Cendant-TRG.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:24:19 -0500

Hi Sue,=20

There are lots of them.=20

TOAD
SQL*Navigator
Benthic Golden

Just to name a few. There's also Oracle's SQL*Worksheet.=20

However, the users' needs must be considered. =20

IF they need a friendly db-browser and sql window, use Toad. =20

If they need pl/sql debugging, use SQL*Nav (I prefer sql*nav for this over Toad.) =20

If they just need nice command history and a bit of enhanced functionality, check out Benthic Golden. OF course, if buying licenses (Benthic is cheap) is not an option, SQL*Worksheet may fit the bill.=20

Two cents from a monkey!

Lisa Koivu
Orlando, FL, USA