RE: Re[2]: Shooting yourself in the spfile

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:41:09 +1100

Well, that's the whole point isn't it? You don't NEED to have the = instance running to be able to issue either the create pfile or create = spfile commands.

=20
Pete
=20
"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
=20
"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA