RE: ora-12500 on windows

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:55:22 -0800 (PST)

we are supporting about 315 concurrent dedicated server sessions on 9.2.0.4 Std Ed on w2k adv svr sp4. single instance.

Dell PE6450
quad 900 MHz PIII 2 MB cache
4 GB physical memory
dual PV220S cabinets, 12 drives each, split backplane dual dual channel ext PERC (poweredge raid controller) 28 drives (wish it was 42)

PsList 1.23 - Process Information Lister Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Mark Russinovich Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

Process information for <un_named_server>:

Name Pid Pri Thd Hnd Mem User Time Kernel Time Elapsed Time
oracle 1288 8 191 4709 1565052 4:40:12.250 0:24:40.562 90:53:15.539

PsList 1.23 - Process Information Lister Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Mark Russinovich Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

Process memory detail for <un_named_server>:

Name Pid VM WS WS Pk Priv Faults NonP Page PageFile
oracle 1288 2078316 1565288 1623680 1599640 17661845 822 286 1599640

THIS_DATE SESSIONS_CURRENT SESSIONS_HIGHWATER

20040209 11:45:00               297                308

as long as we keep to shared servers, users are not complaining.

Pd

Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard - Read only the mail you want. http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools