rman for a data warehouse

From: Steiner, Randy <RASTEIN_at_NYCT.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:47:41 -0500

I am trying to use rman for my data warehouse which is in no archive mode. I only have room for 1 backup and need to remove last weeks backup prior to doing this weeks backup.

I set the retention period to:

   CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY to recovery window of 6 days;

And the first lines of my backup script is:

   CROSSCHECK BACKUP OF DATABASE;
   DELETE NOPROMPT OBSOLETE; If I execute Report Obsolete prior to running my backup (7 days after the last backup) rman reports nothing and Delete Obsolete does not remove last weeks backup.

If I run

   select *
   from v$backup_piece
   where status = 'A';