RE: Rebuild Indexes

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:59:58 -0800

Naveen,

I believe the problem is not with a monotonically increasing index (which should NOT be rebuilt as it is of no use) - rather it is with a monotonically increasing index that is also being _deleted. This is typical of indexes on FIFO-type tables such as the FND_CONCURRENT_REQUESTS in Apps (any version). In the latter case, you should perform a 'one-time' index rebuild of such monotonically-increasing, followed by regular COALESCE of the indexes to 'reclaim' 'lost' space. Jonathan/Richard Foote might have something to add on this....

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at http://www.klove.com