Re: plsql prompt for input

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:18:48 -0800

Oh well, guess I could've looked at the manual. :)

Or the original poster could have. ;)

I personally prefer:

col myparm new_value myparm noprint
prompt Please enter MYPARM:
set term off feed off
select '&1' myparm from dual;
set term on feed on

undef 1

this allows including parms on the command line or getting them in the script at runtime, your choice.

Which is a long winded explanation for "I seldom use accept". :)

Jared