RE: drop temp tablespace

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:13:55 -0600

David
  If you can't bounce the database right away, turn off autoextend on the datafile. If you haven't already.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of David Boyd Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 4:35 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Guang,

Thanks for your response.

Initially I had to 'drop tablespace temp including contents'. Currently it returns 0 for the query of select count(*) from dba_segments where tablespace_name = 'TEMP'. I can do 'drop tablespace temp' without including contents option. However the used size is still increasing.