RE: drop temp tablespace

From: Guang Mei <gmei_at_incyte.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:52:27 -0500

After you switch all the users to the new temp ts, make sure there is no objects sitting in your old temp tablespace:

select count(*) from dba_segments where tablespace_name = <old_temp_ts>;

if you get 0, then run

alter tablespace <old_temp_ts> offline;

alter database datafile '/oracle/u2/oradata/YPD/temp01.dbf' offline;
alter database datafile '/oracle/u2/oradata/YPD/temp02.dbf' offline;
alter database datafile '/oracle/u2/oradata/YPD/temp03.dbf' offline;
alter database datafile '/oracle/u2/oradata/YPD/temp04.dbf' offline;
alter database datafile '/oracle/u2/oradata/YPD/temp05.dbf' offline;

drop tablespace <old_temp_ts> ;

If this does not work, you proabably have a wait a while and try it again. If still not working, you might have to bounce the DB.

HTH. Guang