Re: How do commits release row level locks?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:49:52 -0000

I think you just have to go on doing what you are doing - use google, metalink and tahiti to search on a couple of critical key words, then read any documents you find.

Always treat any documents with a little suspicion, unless they contain guidelines on how to reproduce the results - as Arup's did - then you can either confirm the documents, or report the discrepancies and ask for clarification.

There are always a few documents around that make some noises about internals and structures, but they are almost always (a) out of date, or (b) special cases or (c) simplifications or (d) ambiguous or (e) wrong or (f) all of the above. (I include my own work in a, b, and c - I try to avoid d, e, and f).

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

Next public appearances:
 March 2004 Hotsos Symposium - The Burden of Proof  March 2004 Charlotte NC OUG - CBO Tutorial  April 2004 Iceland

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html
____UK___February
____UK___June

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Thanx Jonathan,

I did understand what you said, but still have a few questions regarding this.

Are there any FMs or metalink notes from where I can get information on this subject so that I only come up with smart questions?

Regards
Naveen