Re: Library Cache Latch statistics from StatsPack -- more statistics

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:08:15 +0200 (EET)

One way for reducing latching & contention in heavy soft-parse scenarios would be setting cursor_space_for_time to true. This requires somewhat more memory in your UGAs, but can "make things go faster". You should check others recommendations first, but you could measure your statistics for an operation in single session with and without this parameter set and continue from there.

Tanel.

&

&