Re: restrict connections to some instances in RAC

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:08:14 +0200 (EET)

Hi, are you sure you are actually killing the session, because you can't kill your own session with alter system kill session. But anyway, any unhandled exception in logon trigger will prevent users without 'administer database trigger' from logging in.

One more thing you could do to direct clients to correct instances, is using different service names for different client types and assigning the service names to relevant instances. But the logon trigger should remain there, just in case (if you aren't doing excessive logons all the time).

Tanel.