RE: Statspack Report Help, Bursts of Activity, Amaze Your Friends ...

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:48:34 -0600

Thanks all, the issue turned out to be that the midtier has some sort of throttle/sleep mechanism and it was in fact not doing anything. The java threads seemed to be processing 1-2 connections at a time in a round robin fashion and sleeping a lot. I don't think the developer has a good handle on the innerworkings of the application.