RE: Oracle 10g for Windows

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:16:53 -0600

FWIW, it's an IBM server. Don't know what class though, as I had no involvement in the replacement other than to install Oracle and migrate a schema to it (and advise on disk allocation from the SAN). All I know is the box is in a rack across the street and the twin 3.2GHz CPUs jam.

It seems to me that Exploder crashing on me during an install has more to do with allowing itself to be corrupted than the actual corruption. Trying to do that on a "true" server OS like my dearly beloved VMS will get you a big fat error instead of crashing the app (unless that is your intention!). Perhaps it's Windohs trying to endear itself to desktop and server alike. In my world, there is no GUI on a server. It's a happy place. :)

Drink on! Wishing I could get a Poppy Jasper this side of the Colorado...

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA