More on rollback

From: Michael Kline <mkline1_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:29:27 -0500

On some of the tables we are talking some 180+ million rows. There is probably along the line of 16gb of rollback segs.

They do parallel on some of the things, this table I think they do degree 4, but they change things all the time.

We've been experimenting with various options.

They do have nologging turned on. We have up to 20 parallel servers.

It's batch job after batch job that combines records from tables that are perhaps even larger than this to about 8-10 tables from which they make cubes and the like.

Michael Kline, Principal Consultant
Business To Business Solutions, LLC
Richmond, VA
804-744-1545