RE: How do commits release row level locks?

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo_at_oraperf.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2004 13:25:17 +0100

To answer them:

  1. initrans will allocate the slots, maxtrans will only limit youif the space is available. If there is no space left in the block, you will only have the ITL entries that you specified by initrans.
  2. The wait for an TX enqueue is 3 seconds in this case. So oracle waits 3 seconds, wakes up checks a couple of things and goes back to sleep if it didn't get the enqueue. So that is why you see the 3 seconds.

Anjo.