AW: How do commits release row level locks?

From: Stefan Jahnke <Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:53:54 +0100

Hi Anjo

I see. We used to have an additional index on these tables, but we're reorganizing the tables, using IOTs.
The contentation was on the actual table, though. Unless the wait event shows the table as the "problem" object anyway, regardless wether the = itl of
the actual table or the index caused the problem. Is there anyway to = find
out about this?

The main problem is, that the deletes occur while some data loading is = done.
Afterwards, these tables become pretty stable. That's why I didn't want inittrans to be too high. Maybe I should set it to a high value, do the load, then reset it to something more reasonable.

Thanks for the reply,
Stefan

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Anjo Kolk [mailto:anjo_at_oraperf.com] Gesendet: Montag, 16. Februar 2004 11:31 An: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Betreff: RE: How do commits release row level locks?

Another thing to consider is the number of ITL entries for the index = (if
they exists on the table). You need +1 for the index.

Anjo.

Von: Arup Nanda [mailto:orarup_at_hotmail.com] Gesendet: Freitag, 13. Februar 2004 05:37 An: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

I wrote an article some time ago for DBAZine on this exact question. = =3D
Pleas check this out at http://www.dbazine.com/nanda3.html.

> Now Oracle does not track which rows are locked. How processes know =
=3D
when a
lock has been released? I can't find it in the docs. I'm assuming there =3D is something similiar to an SCN written to the block header of each row. However, the SCN would not be sufficient, since it does not identify =3D whether the transaction is complete.