Re: Undo Retention of 5 days; anyone?

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:27:30 -0500 (EST)

If you go to www.oracle.com and type in "pricing" in the search field you'll find there's a new US commercial price list dated January 23, 2004 plus a new Software Investment Guide dated February 3, 2004.

Nothing changed regarding the prices of SE and EE and Support and Upgrade Rights: If you buy software for $100, then you can purchase upgrade rights for $15 and Support (including access to Metalink) for $7.

What Oracle doesn't state clearly anywhere that I know of is the fact that you don't have to buy both Support and Upgrade Rights. They're separate products, so if you, say, don't want to continue to pay for support of Trusted Oracle server or SQL*Menu 5.0 (real example I saw a few hours ago - Danish customer), since nobody will be able to help you anyway, you don't have to anymore. That all changed on December 16, 1999.

Mogens