Spywares

From: Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:30:54 -0400

Hi, something several people didn't know, at lesat me, is about spyware. Even when norton detect several of them, another software like ad-aware or webroot spyware
detect aditional of them.

For example recently using on of them we found a software ( installed through internet ) that uses your line and rent it for download.

There were other adaware that installed in another machine and blocked Oracle conection, we uninstalled it, and then it was fixed

This not happens every month, but happens from time to time, If you have a really really strange problem in a hacker computer (who likes sites like astalavista.box.sk, etc.), try to run an adaware software first.

Install one of them is very easy for example if you install perfect keylogger 1.5, you can modify a installer, for example winzip installer, when one person run the winzip installer, it installs to the spyware that monitor keystrokes. It takes a time to make work invisible , but is not a bad idea to take more seriously spywares.

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP