RE: Oracle 10g for Windows

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:36:04 -0600

I dunno. Today I completed an install of 8.1.7.4 (9i not supported yet by vendor) on a brand new Windohs 2000 Server, SP4 (Tuke3 Server also not yet supported). It's really fun when explorer.exe crashes three times during the install / DB create, not to mention having to explode out the entire CD to rename symcjit.dll because of a P-IV bug in Windohs. Did I mention the reboots required to get the Registry crap settled?

Windohs aside, a twin hyperthreaded 3.2Ghz Xeon with four RAID-1s and a RAID-10 setup is fun to work on... :)

Happy Valentines Day!

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA