Re: Re: Bitmap Join Indexes

From: <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 8:48:12 -0500

as far as performance on selects, how would you rate it? I played around it with the Oracle demo 'SH' schema. There is a fact table with some dimension tables there. I noticed a radical reductions in LIOs, by using a bitmap join index.

what is your opinion of using them with non-star or snowflake schemas(i know the tables need to be read only).