Re: dbsnmp: one Sun box quits answering for one OID for MRTG

From: Robert Eskridge <>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:25:08 -0600

Ah well, never mind. I continued to cruise metalink with various searches and with a search on "rdbmsRelState" I stumbled on the answer. Prompted by note 1061946.6, I compared the databases listed in the snmp_rw.ora file to those in the oratab and found that the snmp_rw.ora still had a reference to a discontinued database. Doing the little stop/edit/start magic cleared up the problem.

(Doesn't it always work that way, you find the answer in the docs after you've posted a question to the list. Maybe that's how I should just start working on a problem.... :-)