RE: Export/backup Stored Database Procedures

From: <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:09:13 -0600

There are scripts you can grab off the net that will spool the create statements for the procedures to a file. I don't have one handy right now, but here's one for grabbing triggers. For some reason around here these things tend to get created with a bunch of extra line feed, and I prefer eliminating them; thus all the CHR(10) things. This should show it's actually very easy to create a text file with the commands for triggers, constraints, procedures, whatever. Also, do some googling for DBMS_METADATA package.

set heading off feedback off lines 500 pages 9999 trim on trims on long 65000 longchunksize 255
set verify off
col slash newline

select upper('&&schema_owner') from sys.dual; spool cr_triggers.sql

select 'CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER
'||replace(replace(replace(replace(description,'"'||owner||'".',''),CHR(10)| |CHR(10),CHR(10)),CHR(10)||CHR(10),CHR(1 0)),CHR(10)||CHR(10),CHR(10)),trigger_body,'/' slash from dba_triggers where upper(owner) = upper('&&schema_owner');

spool off
set heading on feedback on lines 150 pages 9999