RE: Oracle Agent Problem on AIX 5.1 and Oracle 9.2

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:11:42 -0500

We have the 9.2.0.4 agent running on three AIX 5.2 R6000 boxes. I start them logged on as Oracle. Oracle does not have root access.

Ruth

  From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org =
  [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Peter Barnett   Sent: 2004-02-11 5:43 PM
  To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
  Subject: Oracle Agent Problem on AIX 5.1 and Oracle 9.2

  We are having a rather difficult problem starting the   oracle agent on AIX 5.1 in version 9.2.0.4. I suspect   the answer may even be specific to the server.

  The 9.2 oracle agent has successfully started and   performed as expected on AIX 5.1 on 6H1 machines -   small four processor servers. It has also started   successfully across all servers, regardless of the   class of server, in version 8i.

  The problem agent is on an LPAR of a Regatta class   machine. In reviewing all of the log files, the agent   appears to start, but it generates an error message   sent only to the terminal that the start failed.=20   There is a tar open with Oracle that is getting   nowhere on this. We have made minor edits to the   /etc/hosts file and the snmp_rw.ora without success.=20   Yesterday, I walked through the Oracle documentation   step-by-step and followed each file created. Again,   they all appeared normal.

  Has anyone run into anything similar. This is truly baffling.

  =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
  Pete Barnett
  Lead Database Administrator
  The Regence Group
  pnbarne_at_regence.com

  Do you Yahoo!?
  Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online.   http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

  To unsubscribe send email to: oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org   put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.